International Bible College (IBC) has been training people for Christian life and ministry since 1936. Our graduates can be found on the mission field, pastoring, in administration, and working in the local church.
IBC is a Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee) training facility located on 14.5 acres above the Wakamow Valley in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, on Canada’s prairies.
The vision of people like Provincial Overseer Charley Bowen, Dakotas Overseer Paul H. Walker, and educator J.W. Bruce to train Christians for ministry marked the beginning of the college at Consul, Saskatchewan, in the southwest corner of the province. It was called the South Saskatchewan Bible Training School. A year later the school moved to the neighbouring community of Robsart, Saskatchewan.
A growing student population prompted the need for larger facilities, and so the campus relocated to Moose Jaw in 1943. In 1947 a former air force base west of Estevan, Saskatchewan became home to the school, and a high school was added to the training program. The school’s name was changed to International Bible College.
As the Church of God grew in Western Canada, the college relocated once again to Moose Jaw – a more central location to serve the western region, with plenty of room for expansion. The first buildings were ready for the 1962-63 school year.
A series of events led to the College closing during the 1970-71 school year. However, it reopened in the fall of 1971 under the leadership of Philip Siggelkow, with the whole-hearted support of the Church of God constituency in Western Canada. High school was discontinued at this time so the College could concentrate on developing a quality Bible college educational program.
Today IBC operates out of a modern administration/training center, and continues in preparing people to impact their generation with the gospel of Jesus Christ.